Turn an Issue Around
Flip is around.
Look at the issue from another perspective.
Usually, the obvious, may not be the answer to healing an issue. Look at an issue from multiple angles, multiple perceptions.
For example: Resistance to change…
- Is the resistance to changing or is there a lack of something to move toward?
- Is the issue being stuck in the past or nothing to move forward to in the future?
- Is it the lack of goals or not having the skills to fulfill a goal?
- Is it the lack of dreams or believing this is the best it will ever be?
For example: Not having the courage to trust others…
Trust is a skill. Trust is not about trusting someone else. It is about learning to trust ourselves.
- Maybe the issue isn’t about courage as it is about the skill of trust and discernment.
- Maybe issue is learning to trust ourselves or having to build trust with ourselves.
For example: Putting yourself first. Is it selfish to put your needs before others? Something bad will happen to those you love if you don’t put them first. Or others might call you selfish if you take care of your needs before theirs.
Maybe the issue isn’t about what others will think or say. Maybe the issue is you just aren’t that important to yourself. Maybe the issue is self-love, self-respect, and self-worth.
For example: Overeating. Is the issue out of control eating? Or is the issue about:
- Stress or lack of self-confidence or anger, fear, and/or apathy that results in overeating?
- A symptom for lack of joy, filling the emptiness, etc?
For example: Decision-making. Confused by too many options? Is it about too many options or the lack of discernment skills?
For example: Believing that our dreams will never come to fruition. Is this about the lack of talent, lack of planning, and/or lack of courage?
Turn an issue around:
- Maybe it’s not about the other person. Maybe it’s about you.
- Maybe it’s not about the past. Maybe it’s about the future.
- Maybe it’s not about the lack of goals. Maybe it’s not having the skills to fulfill a goal.
- Maybe the issue of putting yourself first isn’t about what others will think and say. Maybe the issue is you just aren’t that important to yourself. Maybe the issue is self-love, self-respect, and self-worth.
@ Tessa Cason, 2022.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here