EFT Tapping for Apathy
A university professor on an examination asked what was the difference between ignorance and apathy. The professor gave one A+ to a student who answered: ‘I don’t know and I don’t care.
Why would one live a life of apathy? Why would one want to live a life in which they don’t care about anything? Do they feel they can be successful? Do they feel they have the tools and skills to manage their life? Are they frightened by what lies ahead? Do they have the energy to face life’s uncertainties?
- Mark Twain went bankrupt in 1894 due to bad investments and his publishing house going under. He went on an around-the-world lecture tour to pay off his creditors and did so in full in 1898.
- Larry King interviewed over 40,000 people during his career but his rise to fame for radio work in the 60’s derailed him financially. He was in debt $352,000, charged with grand larceny, and accused of stealing $5,000 from a business partner. The charges were dropped but he struggled to get back on his feet and ended up claiming bankruptcy in 1978.
- J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, was rejected by 12 publishers before a small London house, took a gamble and picked up “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.”
- Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor who said he “lacked imagination and had no good ideas.” He went bankrupt several times before he built Disneyland. The original proposal for the first park was rejected by the city of Anaheim on the grounds that it would only attract “riffraff.”
- Michael Jordan was cut from his high-school varsity basketball team.
- It took Thomas Edison 1,000 tries before he invented the light bulb.
- Dr. Seuss had 27 rejections on his children’s book concept.
- Winston Churchill failed the sixth grade. In politics, he was defeated in every election for public office until he became Prime Minister at the age of 62.
- Henry Ford failed and went broke five times before he succeeded.
- Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak’s concept that was to become the Apple computer was rejected by both Hewlett-Packard and Atari.
- R. H. Macy failed seven times before his store became a success.
- Julie Andrews was told at 12 she was “not photogenic enough for film.”
- In 1990, Donald Trump was $900 million in debt. He restructured his debt and once again has a billion-dollar empire.
Life is a challenge. No one skates through life without challenges. No one. It takes courage, confidence, and energy to do life. It is how we face our challenges that determines the quality of our lives. If we fear we will fail, if we feel we lack the necessary tools and skills to do life and to face the challenges, if we think being successful will take more energy than we have, we might slip into apathy so we never have to face that which we dread.
Apathy is 50 on David Hawkins’ Map of Consciousness. Shame is 20 and Guilt is 30. Shame, guilt, and apathy are the three lowest emotions on the Map. Apathy, “I don’t care.” Or, “I’m angry that life takes more than I have” thus, I won’t do anything. Apathy is about suppressed anger.
Not feeling we have the tools and skills to do our life or the energy to be successful, these are all dysfunctional beliefs, mis-beliefs. EFT tapping (EFT which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique) is a process that changes the dysfunctional emotions and beliefs that cause dysfunctional behaviors. The changes we make with EFT tapping are lasting.
EFT tapping statements for apathy:
- Nothing matters.
- Feelings are painful.
- I depress my feelings.
- My future looks bleak.
- Life is not worth living.
- It will never be my turn.
- No one cares about me.
- I have abandoned hope.
- My life is bleak and dark.
- My life is not worth living.
- I will never be successful.
- I am hopeless and helpless.
- I don’t feel safe in the world.
- Nothing I do ever works out.
- I don’t want to make decisions.
- Life is hopeless and impossible.
- I am wrong no matter what I do.
- My pain will continue indefinitely.
- I lack the confidence to do my life.
- I am a burden to those around me.
- Nothing will ever work out for me.
- I am not willing to feel my feelings.
- I turn off so as not to feel any pain.
- I want others to tell me what to do.
- No matter what I do, it is hopeless.
- I am only safe when I am powerless.
- No one wants to be a part of my life.
- I don’t have the energy to do my life.
@ Tessa Cason, 2022.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here