Why We Might Hold onto Emotional Pain and EFT Tapping for Emotional Healing
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb, I touch no one and no one touches me. I am a rock, I am an island. And a rock feels no pain; And an island never cries.
Paul Simon (From the song I Am a Rock)
Emotional healing, healing our broken heart, is not a simple matter. When our heart is broken, we feel as if our heart has been shattered in a million pieces and it will never be whole again. We will never ever be whole again.
Time does not heal all. Emotional healing requires a conscious desire and effort on our part to put all the pieces back together again. It requires hope that tomorrow will be better than today…that the next minute will be better than this minute.
Why would we hold onto emotional pain? Sometimes we hold onto emotional pain because:
* We do not know how to let it go, how to move on, and/or how to heal the pain of the heart.
* We want to remain “connected” to that which caused our pain…the death of a loved one, the ending of something we did not want to end.
* We cannot and/or will not forgive. (We remain connected to those that we are not able to forgive.)
* We are afraid if we let the pain go, we are letting the loved one go as well. If we let go, we will forget and we do not want to forget.
* We feel if we heal our pain it is letting those that created our pain “off the hook.”
* We benefit from a pay-off to remain in the pain; pay-off of blaming, avoiding, feeling sorry for ourselves, and/or staying angry.
* This is all we feel we deserve.
* We believe this is as good as it gets. Our lives won’t get any better no matter how much work we do on ourselves.
* We don’t think we can move through the pain.
* We can’t find our way out of the pain by ourselves and we won’t and/or don’t ask for the help we need.
* It is our identity. Who would we be without our pain?
* It is easier to stay in the pain than to do anything about it.
EFT which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique can help heal emotional pain. Below are EFT tapping statements.
EFT tapping statements for Emotional Healing:
* I will never ever be whole again.
* My heart has been shattered into a million pieces.
* I will never be able to recover from this hurt.
* I don’t know how to let my pain go.
* I don’t know how to move on with my life.
* I don’t know how to heal my broken heart.
* I’m not ready to let ____________________ [name or person or event that you do not want to let go] go.
* I’m not willing to forgive ____________________ [name of person and/or God].
* I’m afraid to let my pain go.
* I’m afraid I will forget ____________________ [name of person] if I let my pain go.
* I don’t know who I would be without my pain.
* It’s easier to stay in the pain than to do anything about it.
* I won’t heal because it would let _________________ [name of person] off the hook for creating my pain.
* I don’t deserve to be loved, respected, or cherished.
* I don’t deserve a life of health, wealth, and happiness.
* I don’t ask for help with healing my heart.
* I can’t make it through my emotional pain.
© Tessa Cason, 2020.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here