EFT Tapping for Anxiety and Worry
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow. It only saps today of its joy.
Anxiety is an internal response to a perceived threat to our well-being. We feel threatened by an abstract, unknown danger that could harm us in the future.
Worry is a mild form of anxiety. Worry is a tendency to mull over and over and over anxiety-provoking thoughts. Worry is thinking, in an obsessive way, about something that has happened or will happen. Going over something again and again and asking, “What will I do? What should I have done?”
Anxiety and stress are slightly different. Anxiety is associated with a vague threat, whereas stress is a feeling of being overwhelmed. With anxiety, our thoughts lean toward the worse case scenario. With stress, our thoughts are dulled from the fatigue. With anxiety, we feel revved up, nervous, tense, on edge, and jumpy, whereas with stress, we feel exhausted, sad, depressed, resentful, and/or moody.
- Anxiety is a combination of 4 things: unidentified anger, hurt, fear, self-pity. We expect error, rejection, humiliation, and actually start to anticipate it.
- Worry is anticipated anger. Instead of facing the unknown, it is a fear of losing control in the unknown. Worry is confusion. Obligated worry is to prove we are not taking life for granted and to show how much we care.
Are you your harshest critic? Do you deal with your anxiety by controlling others? Do you torture yourself with worse-case scenarios?
EFT tapping which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique is a technique that can address the anxiety, worry, anger, hurt, fear, and self-pity. EFT can change the beliefs that lead us away from peace and serenity.
EFT tapping statements for anxiety and worry:
- I can’t stop worrying.
- I am a chronic worrier.
- I am my harshest critic.
- I worry about everything.
- My worrying controls me.
- Everything feels hopeless.
- It is not safe to make mistakes.
- I magnify my faults and errors.
- My anxiety makes things worse.
- I am uncomfortable with change.
- I go over and over the “what ifs.”
- Something is wrong if life is easy.
- I am not comfortable in the world.
- I make mountains out of molehills.
- I’m anxious about most everything.
- I focus on the worse-case scenarios.
- I turn errors into major catastrophes.
- The world is a very dangerous place.
- I will never be able to let my fears go.
- I am highly critical of my performances.
- I am anxious when I begin a new activity.
- I am dependent on the opinions of others.
- I torture myself with worse-case scenarios.
- My worry keeps me keyed up and restless.
- My life is about pain, struggle, and suffering.
- My thoughts get jumbled when I am anxious.
- I am powerless to live my life any differently.
- I focus on the negative instead of the positive.
- My anxiety and constant worrying is incurable.
- I tend to mull things over and over in my mind.
@ Tessa Cason, 2022.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here