EFT Tapping for Adult Children of Alcoholics
FREE Kindle Download
80 EFT Tapping Statements for Adult Children of Alcoholics
15 October 2022
12:01 AM – 11:59 PM PT (give or take 30 minutes)
Hostile words can cut you quicker and deeper than any sword. While a sword wound may heal after a few weeks, leaving only a hint of a scar, verbal wounds can persist a lot longer and leave a deep scar that lasts forever.
There are a number of general characteristics that adult children of alcoholics have as a result of being raised by one or both parents being an alcoholic. These characteristics may apply while others may not.
- They are either super responsible or super irresponsible.
- They have a strong need to be perfect.
- They are not sure what “normal” is.
- They have an inability to relax and have fun.
- They judge themselves harshly.
- They have low self-esteem.
- They have difficulty with intimate relationships.
- They have a fear of losing control.
- They have lost the ability to feel or express emotions.
- They seek approval and affirmation from others.
- They take themselves and/or life too seriously.
- They feel different from other people.
- They have a fear of abandonment and/or rejection.
When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link to be free.
Almost one in four adult Americans, 24%, have at least one alcoholic parent. The following have all come from homes with at least one alcoholic parent: Presidents Reagan and Clinton, Chuck Norris, Winston Churchill, Rod Steiger, Suzanne Somers, Louie Anderson, Kirk Douglas, Roseanne Barr, and Dean Koontz.
- Alcoholism is one of the leading causes of family dysfunction. There are an estimated 28 million children of alcoholics (COAs) in the United States.
- Roughly one in eight American adult drinkers is an alcoholic or experiences problems due to the use of alcohol.
- Children of alcoholics are four times more likely than non-children of alcoholics to develop alcoholism.
Some parents plant seeds of fear, shame, or guilt. As we grow into adulthood, these seeds grow into invisible weeds that invade our lives in ways we never dreamt they could. Their tendrils do harm to our relationships, our careers, and our families. Adult children of toxic parents suffer from damaged self-confidence and self-esteem which leads to self-destructive behaviors. They feel worthless, unlovable, and inadequate. These patterns continue into adulthood.
EFT tapping which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique can help. EFT tapping is a quick, simple, and effective method to desensitize painful emotions and memories as well as change dysfunctional beliefs.
EFT tapping statements for Adult Children of Alcoholics include:
- I dread the holidays.
- I am self-destructive.
- I judge myself harshly.
- I am super responsible.
- I am alone with my pain.
- I suppress my emotions.
- I don’t like to make a fuss.
- I did not do well in school.
- I have learning disabilities.
- I have difficulty having fun.
- I never learned how to play.
- I have to control my feelings.
- I must be super responsible.
- I assume negative outcomes.
- My childhood home was hell.
- My parent was a mean drunk.
- I keep my problems to myself.
- My self-confidence is a facade.
- I take myself way too seriously.
- I have difficulty making friends.
- I seek approval outside myself.
- I don’t remember my childhood.
- I was a super-achiever in school.
- I was always in trouble at school.
- My life is one crisis after another.
- I learned early not to make waves.
- I have difficulty with relationships.
- I can’t shake my feelings of shame.
- I lack basic social interaction skills.
- I am frozen in grief and depression.
- I don’t know how to make small talk.
- I am insecure in my role as a parent.
- I couldn’t bring friends home to play.
- I didn’t feel like one of the other kids.
- I am anxious when everything is calm.
@ Tessa Cason, 2022.
Sign up for the newsletter to receive freebies and to be notified of FREE Kindle Downloads: Sign up here
What is EFT Tapping: Click Here
How Does EFT Tapping Work: Click Here
How to Tap the Short Form of EFT Tapping: Click Here
Using a “No” or “Not” in an EFT Tapping Statement: Click Here